View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:55 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
Is there any particular reason why you are using a zoo-med powersweep? If it is for the sweeping action, be warned it usually doesn't last more than a month. cheap plastic gears give fast. plus it's a weak, big, ugly powerhead. imo MJs are the most economical. I prefer koralias but they're a little bit more expensive.
Mostly i just wanted to give it a try. i like the idea of the flow not being in a fixed direction. if it doesnt last fine(thanks for the warning) i will just put a used koralia in as a have a few lying around. agreed it is pretty big and the mounting bracket SUCKS. the flow wont be and issue as i think it may be closer to too much than not enough. i tested it in my current 10g and blew the Crap outta my torch (they claim the 214 is for upto 30 gallons). i do preffer koralias myself but wanted to try something new.

MJ's ??????????
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.