View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 11:57 PM

Wretch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
I've lost countless numbers of fish during my freshwater days, but as this is my first salt tank, it really stings. Probably the worst part is that the clowns were my wifes favourite part of the tank. She really started to come around once they went in. The poor girl had to flush her favourite fish today. I'll need to buy her something shiny.

Unfortunately I wont know what it is unless I can do a biopsy under a microscope, which I don't have. Lots of telltale white spots, but also a white sheen that appears under blues.

If and when the last fish dies, I'll be putting him on ice until I can get my hands on a microscope.

Completely ruled out Velvet based on the fact that the tank from which the Flame came, has mild Ich, but all fish are fine.

Can Ich wipe out an entire tank once introduced in 7 days? Symptoms began after the Flame was introduced, so I assume he was patient zero.

Also considering poisoning, and use of tap water for rinsing certain tools etc. Pretty hard to believe any poisoning would show the same symptoms as Ich. Confirmed with the wife and mother in law that no cleaning/spraying was done near the tank.

Still haven't mounted any frags, and I wanted to thin out the sandbed. So yeah, lots of stuff to do in the meantime. Maybe even set up a QT because, you know, I'm an idiot.
Well fish die in quarantine as much as in a display tank but everyone has there opinion on that. Maybe yours has changed now after this icky episode.

Make your tank nice and pretty in the next 3 months. Get good growth on your sps then when you add fish they will make the tank even better looking.