View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 07:42 AM

BlondNasoTang is on a distinguished road
Default Rlss DB8i skimmer reveiw

I recently upgraded my skimmer on my 90gal reef (120gal total system) and thought I would give a quick review of my Reef Life Support Systems DB8I internal skimmer.

-The Build/fit and finish-

The build quality is quite good, seems like high quality materials, thick and robust components, titanium screws overall appears to be well designed and built.

-Functionality-

The collection cup uses a twist to lock feature so minimal clearences are needed to be removed (less then 1") The adjustment of the water level is easy with the screw type adjustment wheel where many full rotations of the adjustment knob are required to change internal water hight makes for easy fine tunning.

-Performance-

The skimmer seems to be very effective so far as it is pulling nasty crap out of the water after only 5 days of operation. Having the variable speed dc pump hooked up to my apex adds the ability to add or diminish how much air is mix with the water by controling the speed of the pump which is a good feature to avoid over skimming using a ORP probe. (Still in the testing phase with this idea)

Overall I am very happy with this skimmer so far and I will update as more time passes.
Cheers.