View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Well I have been looking at my tank and the plumbing over the weeks. It looks like I might be able to cheat a little on the plumbing by ordering a couple new spears unions. I already have unions in place and should be able to add the small amount of plumbing to the existing half of the union. I will have to replace all 3 bulkheads and a couple short runs when the bottom plate is replaced.

I am just waiting for Dave @ Concept to make up the replacement overflow plate. For anyone on the fence with Concept, I would like to assure you I have received great customer service even after the tank was completed...just saying.

On that note it’s been almost 4 weeks since I moved the tank. I lost a total of 3 Coral Frags, no fish and the parameters have been spot on. The only hands on I have been doing is ensuring my salinity hasn’t dropped to much from the crack in the external overflow. Other then that it’s business as usual. I’m a little annoyed as I found a couple aptasia that I need to get rid of. In my first tank I used to use lemon juice and give them a squirt. I hadn’t had to deal with them for a long time. Is there any new effective methods for removing them? I plan on buying 10 peppermint shrimp to toss into the display. Let me know reefers what works for you in the meantime!