View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 AM

rstar is on a distinguished road
Default The Worlds Fastest Tank Build... (New Photos 1.26.2010)

Jan 26: New photos added to page 7, been a while since ive taken any, busy being a daddy!

Dec 2: No more bryopsis! New Photos added to bottom of thread!

Oct 10: Changed lights last week, new photos added last page

Ok so some of you may have read my thread a couple nightt ago about the bottom brace letting go, and leaning the tank problem. So without further ado, i give you the world fastsest tank build... maybe.

Here are a few pics of the old 90 with the trim cracking.

My Saturday started with a desparate phone call to my LFS. At this point ive only had 3 hours of sleep.

I have to say the LFS owner in Saskatoon went ABOVE and BEYOND for me. He came in from building his house just to give me a hand. The only tank he had in stock that was reef ready was a 120gal 48X24X24 with a right side center overflow. So off i went 100KM into the city to pick up this tank and everything i needed. I got into the city by 4:30pm. Picked up the tank, then had to go and get everything i needed to build a stand. Luckily my two brother in laws were with me as i have never built a stand.

We got back into Rosetown by about 10:30pm and got to work on the stand by 11:00 pm in my cold unheated garage.

We based the stand off the one for my LFS' display tank. 2X6 Boxes with 2X4 risers.

Last edited by rstar; 01-27-2010 at 02:58 AM.