View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 01:03 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I'm no help either, been out of the business for over 10 years, my pricing won't be accurate. But I would definitely want to know how they plan on running it for the cost they give you. How many intake vents throughout your house and where they plan to supply the fresh air to. I've seen installations where they stick 1 intake in a hallway and stuff the fresh air supply into the supply air of a furnace because it was less than 5' from the HRV. Definitely not a $2800 install, lol.
Much may depend on the size (cfm) of the unit you're purchasing and the level of installation difficulty. On a fully finished house, obviously the installation will be more difficult than in a house with an unfinished basement that they have access to run piping and such. As for the fresh air supply side for your house, I've had good success piping it into the RETURN AIR side of the HVAC system but if you don't have an HVAC system in your house already, make sure the fresh air supply to your house is somewhere you won't feel drafts from it as this air is typically fairly cool in the cooler months.
Sorry I'm no more help than that... if that was any help at all...