View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:59 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
That sucks but I can see the reasoning for the policy since I'm sure many people would take advantage if it was not in place. Buy one use it until power is back and then return. It's also a problem as once gas in poured in you can't resell it as new. I'm sure the policy is in place for all gas powered items.

Sorry to say I don't think you'll win, it is not a requirement to state store policies on receipts or packages. What you may be able to do is take the generator to a small engine repair shop and have CT pick up the bill, that's probably the best case if they can't fix it at the CT shop.

The best advice may be to stay calm and speak professionally to head office, bitching, complaining, threatening and swearing will get you no where, they have plenty of customers and will not go out of their way to help someone they don't want to deal with.

Oh, I did remain calm. Threatening and swearing, as you state, doesn't work.
You're right, this policy is for all gas powered items at C.T.
I spoke to the store manager and told him Sears and other local vendors replace or repair faulty gas-powered items; and if C.T. won't, they should inform their customers of this. He then agreed to try and repair the generator in their own shop. If they can repair it to my satisfaction I'm happy with that: If not I want my money back.