View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 08:30 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Because the number of hobbyists that are buying online is miniscule compared to the number of people walking in through LFS doors. We're all blind around here thinking that "everyone" shops online. They don't. It doesn't make sense to me for retailers to push the Aquaforest product, so Aquaforest relies on online marketing. They will be missing out on a huge number of hobbyists.

I don't know, maybe it's a good business model, we'll see how the cookie crumbles.

Saskatchewan may very well be different. But here in Edmonton more and more hobbiest are going online due to massive increases in prices in Edmonton.
The difference in a lfs in Edmonton compared to a online or lfs(online) in Ontario can be 250%.

I've seen lfs here raise prices 25% days before a sale, raise prices due to decrease in sales and to cover lost livestock.
While I understand the dollar has a big effect on rising prices. The few examples were prior to the collapsing dollar. Lfs here are literally pushing people to shop online