View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 10:05 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road

Love my YWG / shrimp buddies. I see you have 2 gobies - did they come as a bonded pair? I have no idea how to sex them but It would be nice to get my goby a mate. My goby was the first fish in the tank. JL told me it would change from grey to yellow & I was sceptical but lo and behold, they told the truth

In the 2 years I've had the tank, it went thru a few ebbs and flows. I took the advice of riding it out and it worked for me. I had a crazy amount of bristle worms, started thinking about traps, wrasses etc etc. Then over time they disappeared and now I see them occasionally which is perfect. Same thing with pineapple sponges. First they were cute, next thing I'm googling what will eat them. I had a huge number of pods too. At night, amphipods were swarming the rock like cockroaches. They only came out at night after my puffers went in the tank. Now with my mandarin, I think I need to boost my population.

My budget has made it necessary to add things slowly but I think that has its benefits as well.