View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 02:35 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking
Default MY 62 gal tank the new making

After much discussion and being away from the hobby for over a year. i'm starting up a new tank. And after having a 120 SW complete setup that i started up $4500 after.

Then i was suppose to be tranfered out and sold all the stuff. And then i wasnt going and then i got a 280 gal setup to make as a FRESH WATER..... YA YA YA I KNOW FW Then i bugged the wife to let me have a SW tank FOWLR. And the fun began and then it turned into a REEF tank.

then after a about 6-7 months i had to take it down due to the damp air in the house and my son's health was bother him and so i down graded to a 75 gal tank sumpless. built the tnak and had a hoot making it running a SPS and LPS and softy tank. looked amazing \.

Then all hell broke lose. Me and my wife got separated and i took all the stuff out and gave it to my dear FRIEND DOUG LOWEY.. All the SPS, LPS,snails INverts ,you name it he got it.

Biut i said i would never get rid of my stuff i kept everything heaters, PH'S, Food ,pumps, lights, and the FIJO ROCK was put into my rubbermaid tubs and kept to dry out.

I know the live rock dead, so for 9 months the stuff laid them motionless.

until We got back to gether and life started all over, She tols me that when i came home i couldnt setup up the 280 again ....DEAL
Then i started to get my life back in order and stared at the reef stuff again. And here I'am today on DEc 17 04
Exactly 1 yr ago to the date that i started my 75 gal so fols here we go...

MY THREAD OF MY 62 GAL TANK WITH A 55gal sump
36x20x20 tank
3/8' glass drilled with a 2" hole to accomadate a 1.5" bulkhead
1x250 MH cool touch ballast with PFO reflector, \
Sun aqautics 20K bulb,
Ice capp 660 ballast with 2x36" VHO Super actinics
2" Sand bed
mak 4 return or a 3Md return.
Prism pro deluxe skimmer.
80lbs of born again FIJI rock and some home made rock for base.

Here is the tank and stand that i did on paint

Will get some pictures started tonight on the tank building .
WISH ME LUCK