View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 PM

blacknife is on a distinguished road
Default Never know what to expect <40breeder version>

2 quick questions then the summary
Where is the easiest place to find epoxy for frags. leduc or southside edmonton I keep looking at the hardware stores and not seeing, I know one of the reef stores in ed should have it but i was hoping not to go to ed.

Where do you find the small eggcrate, or something like it to put around overflows to try to keep little swimmers out?

well for better or worse everyone is moved over.

the girlfriend was at first sad that there is no fishtank to look at in the living room any more but then glad that there feels like there is more room up there.

Things look great so far and I think i will have alot more success with this setup. The goal was to make a lower maintnance more stable environment for my fish while im still working on the road <looking harder for a local job or a job i would have to move for but have to be home> so now the setup is pretty much as leducreef had it before 40breeder display, on top of a 25? sump with a small dsb chamber with a big ball of cheato on top of it.. 15 gallon is inline beside with a 5 inch sandbed and 10-15 pounds of really ha covered rocks with no lights over it for now. ATO sits on the floor under the 15 and is a ?? big tall rubbermaid container, with lightly kaulked water.

The 40 breeder is a much nicer shape than the 33 i had, it just feels like there is so much more area to work with. pulling out the worst of the HA rock probably helps here too. so far i am happy with the aquascaping. central island with a few tunnels and overhangs, near gyre conditions with no rock touching the wall and the powerheads all blowing the water round and round. I need to go get some glue to redo all the coral's that were moved. My diy pc lighting still looks bright even though its a bigger tank, probably because it is shallower. I would not mind upgrading them but thats out of the budget for a while.

beside all this sits my old 33 on top of a heavy duty rolling counter. this will be for new salt mixing/water making. with storage underneatH.

behind the fish area is my workbench and in the room beside it is my mancave. so there is lots of room for toys and lots more reason to be in the basement.

all the corals opened back up after the water cleared, mucked it up a bit moving some of the sand in.

had a few minor hickups while tweaking all the plumbing out but i think i got it safe now.

My tiny watchman goby was the first victim to the overflow found him swiming in the sump today. What is the chepest/easiest thing to get like that small eggcrate for blocking that off? <in/around edmonton> he can stay alone in the 15 for now if i do not find anything.

While getting it set up i had a few close calls with the overflow too, I kind of wanted to drill an emergency overflow before i set it up but i rushed into things. is it possible to drill on a setup tank or would that be a strip it down and drain most of the water event? either way I might have to work on that next days off just for peace of mind.

The girl is allready talking seahorses in the 15 but she needs to learn how to take care of the tank more before i try something crazy like that.