Thread: AndyL's 5.5
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 01:29 AM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL

Comments needed...

JDigital's Suggesting I'm absolutely not following the rules of the contest, as "the AGA 5.5 Has to be used".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
GENERAL GUIDELINES:
-You can mod all you want as long as you start with a STOCK tank and deduct costs from your budget.
His argument is I'm breaking the rules by having the tank custom built/rebuilt with 5mm glass + 3" overflow extension. I've assumed that by keeping the overall outside dimensions (except for the 3" overflow addition), I was following within the rules. Including deducting all costs to do this.

Now perhaps my original question to JDigital was pushing a bit much. (I did ask if I could reuse the stock aga 5.5 as my sump) In retrospect, I'll stick to my rubbermaid sump...

I can see JD's point, so where do we go from here?

I've started with a AGA 5.5 STOCK tank... Complete with hood & AGA packaging. Do y'all want to see a dissasembly of the 5.5, and a pane by pane replacment? This would fall within the rules as I read them - or can I just skip the dissasembly of a 5.5?

What do you guys think/want?
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.