View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Yikes, glad to hear it worked out OK in the end!

Last night as I was sitting in my soon-to-be-tank-room, pondering my current problem of my furnace vents interfering with my light fixtures (long story, won't go into it here, if I ever find time to upload the photos of my tank build I'll update my thread), but anyhow, as I'm sitting there feeling sorry for myself, I hear "Pop! Wooooooooooosh!"

Now ordinarily a "Pop! Whoooooooosh" isn't actually all that abnormal a sound - usually if the washing machine is on upstairs, you'll hear the water draining the pipes as it goes into the rinse cycle. But I was fairly certain nobody was doing laundry.

My cube tank sump return pump popped its line and water was geysering everywhere. Didn't hit any electricals so no GFCI cutoff but water was everywhere.

I'm thinking the odds of this happening when I was sitting 5 feet away must be pretty astronomically small. If I had gone to bed already I would not have known until morning.

Weird eh!