View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 PM

LoJack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinGoalie View Post
So i shouldn't be worried about the BTAs? How fast will they kill a coral? What corals will they sting?
They can kill a coral very fast, and they'll sting almost anything. What Dez is saying is that it worked for him, but there is no guarantees that your nem won't take off one day.

His approach is definitely the most likely way for success though, add the RBTA early ... let it find its spot and keep an eye on it. Once it's growing and doing well and hasn't moved in a while, aquascape around it, because it has likely found its forever home.

However, that being said ... they can still pack up and leave whenever they get the inclination to. I had a nem move on me twice because I changed the parameters of the tank and didn't really think about it. When I replaced my bulbs ... he moved lower after being in the same spot for months, but the change in lighting caused him to move. Another time I added a few extra powerheads because coral growth was limiting my flow ... and once again he packed up and took off, and this time he stung everything along the way.

Nem's can be done safely ... but there is always a risk with them, no matter what