View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Thanks for the kind words, but I don't think I could live with myself if I brought her back... Its not her fault she is in her situation. I was mad at hubby for bringing her home, but he thought since she was midsized, she was not mature.

I have all sorts of algae for her to snack on, but right now she is pigging out on the nori. I'll start tossing different things with it shortly. I'm just glad to see her eating lots now, and her belly is already nice and fat. Before it honestly looked like it was imploded.

I know I have a lot to learn about the hobby, and this is the placed to be to learn most of it. Mind you I have made a few mistakes that I needed to make on my own in order to be in a better place with this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Hi, glad to hear that your new naso tang is starting to feed, sometimes other fishes in the tank will help teach new fish to eat and then they follow suit. I found in the past of owning many Naso tang \naso lituratus, they perfer brown algae, a few years ago I had an aquarium that had quite a bit of brown algae growing on the rocks and sides of the tank, namely lobophora brown algae, they were fairly leafy and I could reduce the population by picking them off the rocks to keep them under control. As soon as I added a Naso tang, the algae population was reduced. Try a brown seaweed product. My Naso ate both the brown and green and I never tried the red alage but perfer to grazed off the rocks instead of feeding off the seaweed clip with the rest of the tangs. It always tense seeing your new fish not eating or socialling with the rest of the fish at first but hope for the best, fish are not disposable item but good on you for trying many food and experminting, you will always be a better aquarist with that attitude. Regards Ken