View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 02:19 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty View Post
So you are suggesting that I just run 1 return pump and tee it into both return bulkheads?
Yes, though I'd suggest you have a second pump ready to go. You can switch them out to clean them. Super handy. One is hooked up and working, then other one is disconnected and cleaned, and ready for the next change out. Then when one craps out, you won't be in a big panic to find one. Plus it will be a long weekend, and everything will be closed, and you'll end up paying $40 in express shipping to get it asap because that's how return pump breakdowns happen.

At 5 ft head pressure and some fittings it looks like you'll have about 1400 gph according to the chart I found. If you have 30-50 gallons in your sump that gives you 6-6.6x turnover through the sump. I usually aim for 3-6x turnover, so you're good to go. If you go too fast through the sump you'll get microbubbles in the display, and it's a waste of electricity because the skimmer can only process so much water, so providing it with more dirty water than it can process is a waste.

SPS fanatic.