View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Now I'd like to share some pics of my current tank. It's only been setup for 2 days so a few things haven't fully returned to their former glories (Mushrooms, coco-worm). I've been really busy with renos and quite depressed about my battle with a red hair algae. I spent 4 hours hand-pulling it from a few rocks and the rest of the rock i placed upside down to light-starve it. I also went into a murderous frenzy and tooth-brushed about a million rogue feather dusters that had taken over. I did all my plucking in-tank and simply rinsed my fingers off in the overflow each time. All the algae was collected in a filter floss trap in the sump. I highly recommend this method!

Things are looking up...

In the tank I have:

- frogspawn
- blue/green mushrooms
- capinella
- some green, red and other miscellaneous zoos
- pulsing xenia
- hawaiian feather duster
- pink yuma that I've never gotten to 'fill out' like when I bought it
- gsp

- orchid dottyback
- lawnmower blenny
- 2 tomatoes
- cleaner shrimp
large anonymous crab which i tried forever to kill but decided to leave in-tank when i dismantled it and had a chance to get him. He's been a good guy and has fought hard to stay =)

in the sump is a green brittle star. I was worried about him in the tank after i bought him. crabs were attacking him for his food. I then discovered he's a fish HUNTER. SUMP!!!

Pics in no particular order: