View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road

Andrew!

Ya for the time being I am getting out. I am moving in a short while and really don't feel like moving my tank all over again. Plus it took a nosedive after my salinity tester failed (paper slid in my floating tester and I cranked the level up to something ridiculous and I wiped out most corals several months back. Almost 9 months ago or so I guess. Lost all SPS (dozens), 5 clams and most LPS but all the softies survived and in most cases thrived. So its been a bit disheartening.

Once I have a place of my own (owned not rented) in the next year or so I will set up something small again. See what technology is out there at that time and run with it.

Nice to talk to ya again. How goes the hobby for you now?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone who has PM'd me. If you aren't looking at taking everything at the moment I am not looking at parting out. Sorry. I don't want a tank of stuff no one wants when I tear this down. I'd like it all gone to a good home to be honest.

I was serious that there is NO way I can catch any fish in the tank without stressing them out to the point they will die. And I won't haul the rock out to catch them. With individual corals, with the exception of small items I also don't want to part out at the moment as for some I will have to make up a lot of water to replace what will go into bins or buckets to carry them out. When I say they are large or on large rocks I can guarantee you will not be putting these corals in bags you will need bins or buckets.

so at this time I'd just like to hear from anyone interested in taking the whole shebang. If you make arrangements between yoruselves to take it all and all take it all the same day let me know.

No equipment is for sale at this time.

I'll try to get a pic or two uploaded asap.

Sorry if I am coming across as picky or whatever. Been in the hobby long enough to know what happens when you start parting stuff out hoping it will all sell.

Once I have some pics up let me know some prices and we will start working from there.

Always strive for the optimum environment, not the minimum environment
-----------------------------------