View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road
Default Any tips on where to obtain captive bred mandarinfish/dragonet?

While my tank is empty and quickly building up a copepod population, I'd like to add a mandarin first. My tank has almost been fallow for 7 weeks (3 more weeks to go) and I'm starting to look into purchasing a mandarin fish.

I'm looking to spend the extra $$ on a captive bred to lower my chances of losing one of these beautiful fish. I've always wanted to give one a go but having an immature tank and feeling nervous about my other fish giving it a hard time I patiently waited until the time was right. My tank is now over a year old, and after endless hours of reading and trying to learn as much as I can about them I think I'm ready (though we are never really ready!)

I don't even know where to start looking for one. My issue as always, is that I live in a secluded town (Thunder Bay, Ontario) far from any big cities so shipping is always a hassle. Does anyone know of any online stores that carry captive bred mandarins in Canada who would be able to ship to Ontario?
The only place I have found so far is www.reefaquatica.com They have a green spotted captive bred mandarin right now. I will probably scoop this guy up if I can't find any other shops online who sell them. I would prefer a blue mandarin over the green spotted however....

Thanks guys hoping someone can give me a few leads.