View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 10:23 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefGrrl View Post
To Do List:
1. Seek Tyree Space Invaders Pectinia.
2. Buy said item.

That's it really. Now I've seen, I want! I have a perfect spot in the new tank that's currently cycling....seriously though, where should I be looking for this in southern Ontario?
I'm not sure if there are any in Southern Ontario anymore. The original frag was imported into Ontario from the US, but he shut his tank down a few years ago, and I heard that he lost his mother colony before he shut it down. As far as I know, he only made 3 frags, and all 3 of them went here to Saskatoon. One of those died, one is huge and the owner won't frag it, and I have the 3rd one. I have sold 2 frags to BC - one is big enough to frag, but I don't think he's cut or sold any yet, and I sold one frag back to the guy here that lost his. So as far as I know, there are only 5 people that own this coral in Canada right now.

I've heard that people have had issues fragging this Pectinia, and have lost their mother colonies to brown jelly after fragging, but mine has fragged well (so far, touch wood). I do currently have one frag sitting in my tank beside the mother.

SPS fanatic.