Thread: Prices
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 04:39 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

I really do have to agree with Andy regarding his request for a clearly stated rule. I know there is a basic user agreement when you sign up for the board, but honestly, how many of us really do remember it from way back when?

Maybe stickies could be included at the top of every section of the board denoting the rules of posting. Or maybe include it in the blue bar that lists User CP, FAQ, etc.

Many of us who are posting prices etc, may not know any better. I personally didn't know anything about a no price posting rule until I read this thread.

As for donating for special privledges/services, I'd be worried of the boards eventual growth causing some of the issues that we're noticing on other boards, e.g. search engine availablilty on Canreef. If you were to "privitize" certain services, I would suggest that they be features that go above and beyond what everyone can access as a non-paying member. For example, extra gallery space, larger mailboxes, or more ability to customize the displays and board color schemes.

My guess is that the best way to find out what people want for additional features would be to put it to a free vote. Everyone could have their say in what works for them. In the mean time, an offical post from the moderators of what goes and what doesn't might be helpful to prevent any further "oppsies" on our part.