Thread: Prices
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 11:24 PM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL

I'm not getting offended, defensive or offensive. I just have issues with the new rule as it's being applied.

I'd really like the specific rule to be posted for everyone to understand. As I see it, there is some question to how/when/where it applies.

If we're not allowed to provide pricing for competitors to advertisers - does that now mean we're not allowed to post pricing on group orders to non-supporting companies?

How does this apply when people ask the regular "where to shop while visiting posts" and the resulting "Who's got the best price" etc? Does this mean we simply put a local supporting company first? Are we not allowed to give our comments about pricing/quality topics if a supporting company is among the locals?

The "rule" is as yet unstated, and is pretty unclear as has thus far been implemented. I know I speak for a number of members when I say I'd like some further clarification.

Personally, I'd be happier contributing an annual donation to the board (similar to RC - you don't have to... But some recognition/additional features if you do) than to limit some of the main reasons why many of us frequent the board (ie access to the FS forums, the group orders, knowing what the local shops have (and for what price) without having to visit after each shipment).

My .02$

Andy