Thread: Prices
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 10:03 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I am a member of at least as many boards as you cite, and I feel that Canreef is one of my favourites. I know of several boards who are less open with what may or may not be posted; and I know of several which are more. Each, I feel, has its plusses and minuses. We strive for the best features of each, and in a way, try to go our own way as well.

I am disappointed you feel that we do not attempt to foster an open forum with open discussions, because that really is the furthest from the truth.

As far as the advertising issue goes, we've have problems in the past where people would present themselves as being impartial third parties when in fact they were representing business interests. As I said recently in another post, we chose to maintain offering a "free" board as the primary goal. However, I can assure you, it costs us a fair amount out of our own pockets to keep this board running. If we don't keep the playing field as level as possible, then that goal is jeapordized. I'm sorry if this means a post may get edited here or there, but if you're not given an explicit warning of misconduct, then you're not in trouble and shouldn't react defensively or offensively.

I'm afraid I cannot post more at this time, however if you feel that my post does not address your concerns, please feel free to comment further. If you are OK with keeping your criticisms fair and impersonal, then we can discuss this further.