View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:31 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road
Default Duncan coral help

ok, I picked up this really healthy looking Dunan coral July 26th. After acclimating it I put it into my 20 Gal cube. It looked great for the first 2 days. Apparently though, the clown fish in the tank didn't appreciate not being consulted first about it's location. The 3rd morning I found the Duncan face down in the sand. I figured it had fallen, picked it up and stuffed the base back into the hole it had been in originally. Not 2 min later I watched as the female clown went over and grabbing the rim of one of the openings pulled it out of the hole and dumped it back into the sand! I've actually since seen her do this with a monti I put in there too
SO, ever since, the Duncan refuses to come out. I've switched location thinking it didn't like something, flow, light etc. but it just won't come back out. It's got 9 heads, it ate when I first got it, but now it won't do anything. I even go check it out at night but have yet to see it out since that 2nd day.
Any ideas?
NH3 - 0
NO3 - 0
NO2 - 0
KH - 8.6
Mg - 1400
Ca - 375

Even though it's in my cube, it's tied in with my main DT so a cumulative 130 ish gallons of water. Everything else is doing good.

I did just change to an LED fixture but have turned down the LED's to almost 20% but still no change. Now I put them where you see in the pic below where they are under a bit of an overhang just in case it's still too much light.