View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 01:44 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

The Two Little Fishies reactors work quite well, and they're cost effective. As long as you have enough flow you can fill the TLF150 to about 1.5" from the top and you can still get a good tumble out of it with a MJ1200 pump. I like that it has a hose outlet so you can direct the hose right into your skimmer intake (best way to run BP).

If you're really finicky, you can use the top of a small pop bottle to modify the bottom of the reactor plate into a cone shape which gets them to tumble even better. I prefer to use the reactor stock out of the box. Works fine. You can also modify a TLF Kalkwasser reactor (using bigger line inside) which has a built-in cone bottom. Works great.

There is a new "recipe" for the TLF all-in-one biopellets. I like them a lot better. They don't leave GFO grains all over your sump anymore. However, they are a lot heavier (and much smaller) so they need more flow. If you want to run a mix of AIO and regular BP you'll need more space in the reactor. When I mix them I don't actually make the AIO pellets tumble - they move around a bit that's all, then the regular pellets are tumbling on top of the AIO. Works great in tanks with PO4 problems.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 09-26-2017 at 01:53 PM.