View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 06:03 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamloops_reefer View Post
I'm sure you can call the impound yard and tell them you want to forfeit your car to them to exempt you from any charges of towing / storing.

if not - best pay right away and find someone steel scrap guy who will pick up your car for free.

Perhaps Alberta is different (like many things) but if you rear end someone, your fault 100%. which makes sense, because you have little to no control of avoiding someone rear ending you, but you have more control of avoiding whats in front of you. You have to be prepared that a vehicle in front of you, can stop a lot faster than you as well as most people don't react immediately, so leave some space!
That's the problem, I can't forfeit it since I will need the registration plate to cancel the registration and to get that, I will have to pay off the due. And I cant do that until the insurance write it off.

Yah I am at 100% fault over here and I am not arguing about that. It's just that this wouldn't have happened if that bloody suv didn't cut off the truck infront of me. And like I said, I did have enough space; just not enough to come to dead stop from 80 on a highway within a sec. And on that road, even if I try to maintain a good enough space, someone will get in between eventually; especially during heavy traffic.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob