View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 05:46 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default Isn't it wonderful when you have to pay for another's mistake?!

Well over the long weekend, I got into an accident:

Story:
I was on EB glenmore and was behind a truck, preparing to take the exit to Deefoot SB. All off a sudden, a bloody SUV cut off the truck infront of me and the truck had to come to a dead stop. As soon as I realized that, I stomped on the break too but well, I ended up rear ending the truck, deployed the airbag. Luckily, no one was hurt other than my friend on the passenger sit who got his right hand scratched due to the airbag. Nothing happened to the suv and it didn't even bother to stop to damage was caused due to his/her ignorant driving.

The lady who was driving the pickup was really nice and cooperated extremely well; she even agreed that I wasn't responsible to the whole incident (despite being "technically" responsible; once again, thank you suv) and as a result (and out of the good heart of the police officer), I didn't get any ticket.

P.S. I wasn't over speeding, had my eyes on the road, maintained enough distance but not "enough" to come to a dead stop in a sec and I reacted asap.

How I am paying for this incident:

Well since my car only worth $2000, I didn't bother taking the comprehensive for my car; just 3rd party liability. So the insurance is going to cover the dent (nothing major) to the metal bumper of the F150 (2014 model). On the other hand, my car is a complete wreck and I will have to throw it away. It was towed to the municipal lot and have been sitting there since 30th evening, waiting for the insurance company to write it off. But since the insurance won't cover anything related to the car, I have to pay off the towing bill + the storage fee and IT IS GETTING ACCUMULATED EVERYDAY at $28/hr! The adjusted started working on the case since yesterday due to long weekend and I am already at $220+. I didn't even know about the "storage fee". Towing fee is understandable. Now I am trying to reach the adjusted as soon as possible so that I can just throw away the car to the junk so that I don't have to pay $28/day for storing a wasted car but no luck yet. I thought about not claiming the vehicle but I will need the registration plate to cancel the registration so I will have to claim it no matter what.

With no job and eating up my savings, this incident just made it worse. But I strongly believe in karma and it will get to that suv which is the primary cause of all these problems I am facing.

If anyone has any insight, please share

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob