View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 04:35 AM

clownin about is on a distinguished road

Recently I was offered to rescue a large piece of furniture that my dad built back in the 70's. To fit it properly in my apartment would require the re-positioning of my 120gal aquarium. I decided to build a smaller tank that would hopefully be more manageable & would also be a better candidate for LED's due to less depth. I also didn't relish the idea of having to move the 120 again, things change as you get older, my back just ain't the same. Thus began my new, downsized tank project. The new tank would have the same footprint as the 120 except have a 19” depth, this allowed me to use the original stand. I also wanted to try a few “improvements”: deciding to go with a beananimal external overflow & as previously mentioned, switching the lighting from metal halide & VHO florescent to LED's. The new tank would also be rimless. I really enjoyed looking down into the 120 from the top but I always needed a step ladder to do it. At least this would no longer be necessary with the new 70, however it also wouldn't have the depth, there are pros & cons to everything. It's all really just going to be one big experiment.