View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Bit of a sad update, I checked on the tank just now and found my little clown dead He had some spots on him when I got him, so I'm not sure, but maybe that's what did him in He was eating well so I had hoped he'd pull through.

I did go into the room the tank is in earlier this morning and turned on the overhead room light. When I did that I thought I saw the clown dart to the back of the tank (thinking he's going to hide behind the rock) so at the time I just thought "oh shoot I spooked him" but now I can't help but wonder if I spooked him into one of the maxi mini's and the maxi mini stung him and killed him. My 2 scarlet crabs were eating him when I found him so it's hard to say what happened for sure.

I also noticed that even though the clownfish was very tiny the tank was a bit small for him. Not sure which direction I want to go with this tank now. Debating on selling all the nems (after a fishless QT period) and turning it into a reef tank. For now it will be fishless for awhile just in case it was a disease that did him in.

On the plus side I got a benadryl anti-itch cream for my hand and within a few days the rash the maxi mini stung gave me was gone.

Last edited by fishoholic; 11-19-2012 at 05:21 PM.