View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 04:02 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

Mine changes all the time Myka depending on posting. Currently I have a terrible schedule. I work 7 nights, 3 off, 7 days & 4 off. The nights end at 4am on a day off. Also every forth set of days off you work an extra shift as cover off. Weekends 10 hours, rest 8 hours and in reality.. Your 8s are 10s and your 10s are 12s with my longest shift being 19hours with 3 hours between shifts. Thats mostly due to shortages in the work place.

Not a lot of... Me time haha.. Most of the time I love my work haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
The great thing about people is that we're all different! I imagine you work something like 3 days, 3 nights, 1 off or some ugly shift like that.

The shift work I did was different because it wasn't scheduled, and the work/off time was constantly shifting/changing. I was working 15 hour "days" which could start/end at any hour of the day or night, off for 8 hours (sleep for 6.5), 15 hours on again, 14 days straight, 2 days off, then do it all again. I was tired enough that I always slept well - unless I had a couple days off then I'd be all messed up.