View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill@IA View Post
Bingo. You said it perfectly, and that is what I like about SPS. It is all about finding that choice piece and bringing out, or keeping, the colours.
Yes. Those guys have SPS talent! I don't think the photos are adjusted significantly. I've seen some of these pieces at the Reef Raft booth at MACNA 2013 in person. Those guys know how to color up SPS. That's all there is to it. They could make a brown SPS look like the next best thing. This is the trouble with the Reef Raft stuff - most people do not have the talent they do, and thus their RR pieces just do not look like the photos.

I think if people are disappointed in their RR pieces they should be disappointed in their own ability, not the actual coral. From what I've seen, some of the RR pieces are more difficult than others - like the Diablo. If you want something easy to color up, buy a Sunset Monti. I would LOVE to test my own ability with a RR Diablo in my own "medium nutrient" tank, but I don't want to pay that much for an experiment.

SPS fanatic.