View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowny View Post
Not dead set on 2 was told from stores selling AI Sol's that each unit can cover a 24x24 area for a SPS reef I was told similar about the Ecotech Radions, and have seen par comparissions with the AI, Radions and Vertex, being close to eachother. If 3 are necessary for SPS to be placed anywhere I would do so. Thanks for the Intensity advice too.
AI puts out more par then the rest (ref. Dr Sanjay's review on reef builder)but pur is really what we should be looking at. regardless I think if you are used to metal halide with t5's, you will find 2 ai over your tank will be bit on the dark side. I have asked the same question on my 300. Most think 6 units is enough, ai recommands 12 units so I decided to go with 9 units. It does have good coverage but because I have them mounted under a canopy, they are 8 inches awl so I still have some shaded parts even with 9 units. Don't get me wrong, I was running 3units 18 inches awl on my 210 sps heavy tank and it was enough light coverage for it, but with it so high I was running them like my halides, ramp up 1 hour, 6 hours of full intensity then ramp down 1 hour. so if you run 2 units 14-18 inches awl, you should have good enough coverage but you do sacrifice intensity. I would start with 2 units and hang'em high up and see how you like it and go from there.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013