View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Flaming Pink Bubble Tip Anemone.....

I'm well aware that this specimen has most likely has gone through some form of bleaching (via high intensity lighting). However; that being said.....I took a chance on this particular anemone since it was "orphaned" at an LFS by a good client who was moving. It has been in captivity for quite some time from the original client. I'm hoping that since it has been in captivity for awhile and the tips of it are still orange/gold - despite the bleaching.....the colour will remain as vibrant. Traditionally from my experience; bubble tip anemones that are "fresh off the plane" and bleached will return to their "normal" colouration in time. Also; the tips are generally bleached as well - no gold or orange. It's currently being held for me as I'm awaiting the completion of my new Display. It's being held under T5 conditions; but low level lighting T5s (4 bulbs, not 6 or 8 bulbs). We'll see if it changes colouration or reverts to an 'original' colour under low(er) intensity lighting over time. No photo shopping or editing involved in these pics. Enjoy.....

Last edited by Taipan; 01-24-2014 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Additional Info......