View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:08 AM

trinac is on a distinguished road
Default 30G springs "a leak"

Oh holy crap!! My 30G blew up tonight at about 6pm. What a disaster haha. I was sitting on the couch in the living room and heard this SHHHHHHH, so I yelled at Marcellus to see what the hell is was doing. Then the dog ran into the office, I followed and I see water... Holy eff!! Then I really yelled at Marcellus and had him hold the side of the tank that had come apart and ran downstairs to get a long piece of hose then threw in the water pump into the tank and pumped the rest of the water out of the tank into sink. I left a couple inches for the fish and whatever to keep alive while we cleaned up the water. It amazing how fast that thing drained... 10G or so out in seconds. Then I hauled the live rock, fish and corals and dumped er in the 90G. Sucks losing this tank, because it was so cute, but the corals, I have to admit... look way more awesome in the 90G lighting than under my T5's!! Just brilliant. Fish, shrimp, and anemones all seem to be surviving. SPS are protesting in their usual way, but I am sure everyone will have settled down by tomorrow.

I'll do a water change and redo the carbon this weekend to keep everyone happy.

Other updates..

*Watanabe jumped... sucks, and there goes $100 yay
*1 blue chromis MIA, and 1 blue chromis found a new home (fish store)
*I major suck at quarantining... the spotted boxfish must have had a spot of ick, good luck finding that, and my tank has ich again. This will be super awesome catching all these fish in a much larger tank, which is also packed with live rock... Since its a jumbled hodge podge, I'll just take all the LR out when I want to catch them and medicate them AGAIN.
* Cuddlefish egg hatched while I was on holidays, haven't seen him since. Probably died as the tanks were on auto fish feeders.
* ATO's rule the friggen school magne!! LOVE THESE THINGS
* I also have my automated fish feeder still going once a day... nice alleviation from multiple daily feedings. So they now get a mid day pellet feeding, and I feed them their frozen plankton in the evenings.

And I watched Finding Nemo the other day, I think I like the movie even more now that I have my own mini reef.

Trina