View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 08:23 PM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I too have suffered from palytoxin poison. Been put in hospital for a few days than had to use a puffer afterwards for 2 weeks. This was caused by trying to scrape off palys in the kitchen sink whilst running hot water on them. Than another time I was once again scraping them off a rock and got squirted in the eye which caused a chemical burn to my cornea.
Palys are extremely dangerous and the medical staff in my town had no clue what it was and I had to inform them both times of what I had.
But to tell you to throw everything out is ludacris. Whst your doin with vinegar for your equipment is fine.
It took my years to finally get the palys off my rocks.
Since your tank is pretty much toast I suggest you put the rocks in a well ventilated area or outside in a large container of water and throw in a gallon of muriatic acid and let it sit for a couple of weeks. It's only way i got rid of my palys. You can get muriatic acid at a hardware store. The big ones don't seem to carry it anymore. Just remember to have the water first. The fumes are pretty strong so be careful. Good luck. No plays!!! They're bad!!
Good to hear from another survivor ha! Last night i drained the tank for a 4th or 5th time, washed the inside of the tank out with bleach, i ended up using about 2l of bleach. I then rinse again, wiped down with a 1-1 vinegar mix on the whole tank. I filled it up again and dumped some vinegar in and let it sit.

How long did you air the house out after? We've had fans blowing out the fish room for 36hrs now. Also unsure if we need to sterilize all the furniture and stuff in that room?

Will a muriatic water mixture free? Currently jumping form -5 to -15 around here right now , so might not work great to toss it out side in a bucket ha