View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 09:47 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46er View Post
Hi
thanks for all those who PMed me offering to help in any way.
Ive found a tank to borrow, I will be calling the store today and see what they say-yesterday was crazy and I ran out of time.
I should clarify the glass didnt blow out, it blew a seal in the front right corner. when I was scrubbing it and cleaning it with vinegar and then Id hose it out once it got 2" of water in it it just started puking out.

Its in my shop so commercial insurance deductibles are high to start with let alone what it would do to future premium's I wont be making a claim. it didnt do any damage except to the stand cabinet work, and of course the livestock.

I haven't decided as of yet if I will continue in the hobby or not, this has been quite devastating this was hands down the nicest tank ive had since I started.

Im going to grab the borrowed tank make sure everything that survived is OK and ill go from there. I will post some pictures soon
I feel your pain, I was in the same boat a couple years back and I originally set back up but later ended up shutting down. I find it frustrating that no tank manufactures qualify their tanks with proper hydro-testing procedures. The additional cost wouldn't be substantial on larger tanks and it would provide buyers with well received quality assurance that their tanks are free of glass & seam defects.