Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 PM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
Seems pretty black and white to me.

REMINDER TO TRAVELLERS:
Security measures for liquids, gels and aerosols
PERMITTED through pre-board security screening:
q Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers 100 ml / 100 g (3.4 oz.) or less.
These containers MUST be placed in one (1) clear, closed and re-sealable plastic bag no larger than 1 litre (1 quart).
ONE BAG PER PERSON.
Liquids, gels and aerosols include, but are not limited to, hand lotions, cleansers, moisturizers, suntan lotions, antibacterial gels, contact lens solution, shaving cream, perfume and cologne.
NOT PERMITTED through pre-board security screening:
q Unsealed, open or opaque plastic bags of any size q Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers with liquids, gels or aerosols in containers of any size. larger than 100 ml / 100 g (3.4 oz.).
EXEMPT from restrictions: Passengers must declare all such items to security screening authorities. Additional screening could be required.
q Baby formula, baby food and milk or juice if travelling with children two (2) years of age and under.
Then please feel free to consult with the CATSA authority because when I called them prior to my travel, they said that as long as I had the proper importation permits, they are considered carry on and would be separately screened.

And that is exactly what the supervisor said when I arrived at security early to get pre screened, hence her suggestion and the trip to the UPS store. And then they changed their minds twice after that again.

Obviously you can train the CATSA staff on the CATSA legislation because they cannot read it as clearly black and white as you can.