View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:19 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road
Default lockrookie's 180g (build #3)

So here it is i currently have a 90g tank my first saltwater attempt. i enjoy my 90 but having seen so many of your tanks in the city, i have always wished i could build a larger tank. when thoughts of the 50g came about we originaly wanted to build a 400g in our basement. regretfully with the daycare we could not take up precious play space.so we built the 50g

the 50g build was such a blast trying new things experimenting. in the end i was very pleased with the outcome...just not the added power due to the halides lol.may change that to leds within the year.

anywho the 50g build gave be a whole new thought process due to its success so i planned to rebuild on the same stand a 120g tank from scratch got some quotes from some glass companies and almost died. i could have bought a new tank custom made cheaper lol except shipping would kill me.

so for the past year i have been watching used regina and poof a guy was selling a 180g tank for 180 bucks due to the front pane cracked on him (this is why you use foam under your tank ppl) his house shifted one end dropped the other stayed put and snap 180g all over your foor.

but i talked the guy down to 150$ and now own a broken glass box...lol i was going to have it cut up to make my 120 but my loving wife suggests if the floor will handle the weight why not build the 180... really love my wife.. and the way the supports are in my home i will be ok. thus for the reason for this thread

my 180g upgrade.. thanks for following

my 90g in the beginning

my 90g now

future 180 as it is now lol

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428

Last edited by lockrookie; 02-06-2012 at 01:08 AM.