View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 04:07 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vario...f-octopus.html

Have you seen the Varios 4?

It’s capable of being controlled by a 3rd party controller like an apex.
However if I bought something like this I would mount the controller that it came with and used that instead, why spend more money on a adapter just to control the controller.

They have quite a few options for this pump too like high limit sensor, and all the other stuff.

Personally for me I like the reliability of a stand alone pump. The slow ramp up and controllability of flow is cool however when would you lower the return flow of your tank. Mine is mostly full on/off, when it comes to feeding I shut my return via Apex and that’s it, simple no need for anything fancy. I just find with more options on a controller more can go wrong, if you purchase a return pump make sure it’s reliable and good quality so the power supply doesn’t melt or burn out or some other failure with the controls. I found most of the decent return pumps out there range from $300 and up. I am quite happy with my Laguna I picked up for $160.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips