View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 10:59 AM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

We decided to put them in last night just before lights out. It was either that or treat with prazi for a 3rd time, but their moods had really changed the last week or so, instead of mostly hiding in the pipe swimming they were mostly swimming rarely hiding.

My Achilles does not like them! No surprise, but a bit of a surprise how much he beat up the female. She's smaller than him and without a spike it's not like she can fight back. The male smartly hid right away where as the female just stayed in the corner and took it. The interesting thing is when it got really bad the male came out and bit the Achilles and took a small chunk out of one of his fins! The only other large fish I have is a Naso who showed no reaction to the new guys.

Hopefully everything is calm today. Fins heal real fast. Since the angels were healthy and fat they could take the beating and since they are disease free they shouldn't stress out the boss too much even if he has some new competition. The Male is slightly larger then the Achilles but so is the Naso and that doesn't stop him from picking on him. With 4 larger sized fish we are done with big fish in our 180, but are planning on upgrading hopefully next next year. Any more large guys will probably have to be added at once as the Achilles grows he's only going to get meaner. Once things calm down I will take some pics of them in the display. They truly are show fish.