View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:44 AM

CoralineCori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
could be a number of reasons everything from light to water parameters to flow or it simply is looking for a place to die.its going to move around untill it feels comfortable enough to stay put and grow/reproduce.feeding it silversides isnt really necessary bubble tips get all the food they need from light and rarely need to be target fed with meaty foods plus silversides isnt really a healthy or natural food for a bubble tip you would be better off giving it a very small amounts of mysis or brine once a week.im sure he will find a spot and stay put.

what kind of lights do you have?

hope this helps.cheers
Hmmm, ok, we will stick to the krill/Mysis/brine...those we definitely have been feeding him. We have a moderate flow in the tank but the original place he was (he seemed to stay there for a while) was in the middle of surrounding rocks so he didnt get a whole lot of flow. We have 2 dual lamp T5 HO's (aquaticlife fixtures that can be paired together). each duals have 1 actinic and one daylight each).

My water params are pretty much perfect all the time and we use only r/o water for adding and changes.

I read somewhere tonight that one actinic and one daylight is usually good for up to 30 gal, is this true? I am running 2 fixtures for a 40 gal, so maybe too much lighting. The anemone kind of went to the backside of the rock he was originally on at first almost like he was trying to get out of the light so it is possible I suppose.

Thanks for the input!