View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 09:06 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Which test do you want the details of? I do something different than the directions say on both, the Salifert I stir the sample after adding the powder instead of swirling using the opposite end of the spoon that's rinsed (tap water) and dried very well with a new piece of paper towel. I read it using white light after 2-3 mins, either outside light if it's day time or a white fluorescent light in the living room.

And with the Hanna I don't shake it for 2 minutes, instead for 1 minute until the powder is dissolved and then hold the button for the 3 minute timer. I make sure there's no air bubbles inside the vial and keep the vial facing the same direction (10ml facing forward) for both the calibration and test, then rinse the vial with RO (using a syringe that's only ever used for this purpose) and leave the cap off when put back in the case to let it dry for next time. I found with the standard PO4 Hanna checker I used to have that if I shook the sample for 2 minutes the checker would turn off, not sure if the current versions still have this 2 min/off feature