View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Surfin through here I realize it has been a while since the last update. Again Russell I hope you take imitation as a form of flattery. Ended up getting a Bullet 3 on a good deal and am feeding it with a tarpon. Ran the skimmer intake outside and saw my ph go up fairly soon after. Still working on some electrical ( I dont think I can ever get it to a place where Im happy with how the wiring looks ) and programming on the apex. I really enjoy this part of the build. Setting up, tweeking, programming. I have to say I am a fan of the automation. It is really amazing what you can do with an Apex and I still wonder how I ever had a tank without one. Also decided to tee a line into my return. One to help drain it if I need to work on it ( I went with a check valve) and two, able to get water out of the tank relatively easy. Still working on getting a few more float switch's set up. Need to figure out something for my skimmer collector. Oh and water sensors. Still gotta figure that out. It never really ends. Also managed to whack together a screen top for the tank. I have to devise something relativley sturdy for the sump as I am sure my cat will be on top of it. So heres a couple of pics from a few days ago. Ill take some of the tank tomorrow. I still need new bulbs and an EB4 for upstairs to run them. Went with the GFO and Carbon reactor this round. Should be here soon as I go back to work.

Hooked a couple of float switches into my RO/DI resivoir so when the level drops it turns a solenoid valve on which allows the resivoir to fill till the top float switch is opened and it turns it off. The float valve is there as a safety. Takes me out of the process. I like that. Theres some safetys in there. Top off wont run if the lower float is closed, but it doesnt take long for the resivoir to rise enough to open the float switch and allow the system to resume.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"

Last edited by zum14; 04-15-2013 at 04:45 AM.