View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 01:20 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I've been running my basement sump now for almost 6 years, here's the pumps I've tried:
Pump 1 - Laguna Max flo 2900 pond pump - First SW tank I ever set up. Ran my 90 gallon with about 10' of head no problem - had to deal with a bit of vibration
Pump 2 - Added another tank to the system and wanted a common sump. Went to an external Reeflo Hammerhead. Also ran really well, also had vibration issues, but that was a fairly minor fix
Pump 3 - Upgraded the 2 tanks to a single 210 gallon - built the DT stand a bit higher and moved the sump into a dedicated sump room. Ended up with closer to 13' of head and over 30' horizontal run by the time it was all done. Ordered 2 RLSS Waveline 12000's - Worst money I ever spent and even worse customer service - these pumps DO NOT WORK AS STATED on high head systems. Got so ticked off to get ANY flow, I had to throw my original Laguna Max Flo 2900 (which I still had sitting around as a back up) onto the system and it is still running to this day. Never replaced any impellers, seals or anything yet! But I'm a bit of a flow hog so I purchased another one and have 2 running side by side. Each pump supplies separate piping - one to the front of the tank, the other to the back.