View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM

gqlmao is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I will have to look into white balance, unfortunate I don't have any sand or white things in the tank. I might just cut a piece of white plastic and use that instead. I have noticed it is very hard to avoid the blue hue with the led setup, I have to use a ton of temperature correction to get the colors back to perspective.

I like the Radion, sleek, allows for tons of adjustment and shimmer. I run them at a pretty high output, the corals don't seem to mind after the initial acclimatization. But I have always been wondering... how would the tank look with a set up T-5s. I miss the purple/blue combo also the tank being 24 inches long I am having issues getting light to the corals in the far back. It appears that I have to go higher but any higher its going to bother the heck out of me when I use my computer.

Stanley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Nice set-up and nice corals. With the pics, I recently learned to use a manual white balance setting with the LED lighting (otherwise you get a blue/purple hue). I pointed the camera at the white sand to get my white balance setting. But anything white under the LEDs will work.

PS: Good choice on your LED lighting...

Last edited by gqlmao; 11-18-2013 at 04:04 PM.