View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 05:22 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I find I get a dust buildup in my air silencers. The bigger tank has one that comes apart so is easy to clean but my smaller tank has a BM skimmer as well and it doesn't come apart. So far I've been able to clean it well enough by soaking it in vinegar and shaking it and stuff but my backup plan is to use muriatic acid (diluted of course because I kind of like my skin not burned off and stuff) if that proved not to be good enough.

The venturi for my BM is a huge PITA to clean because the air comes in through a very thin ring all around the pipe and you have no idea just by eyeballing it if the thin layer calcium buildup is affecting things or if there is gunk in the air tube as it enters the venturi. So for that one it pretty much has to be a muriatic acid bath once or twice a year (vinegar would probably work but I'm far too impatient).

HTH