View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

The lionfish is only half the story... somewhere hiding in the rocks is a 26" snowflake moray eel. I just realized I dont have a picture of the eel anywhere in this thread. This picture is from last November so a few things in the tank have changed. I've never seen a lionfish in any other reef tank either so I guess mine is a little unique.

Every once and a while one of them will knock a coral or something else over but I'm getting better at anchoring it all down. I've never put any shrimp in there but I'm sure they would get eaten as would any fish under 2" or 3" if they're really narrow. However Copperbanded Butterfly isnt very big yet its been in the tank for over a year now and has never been bothered. I bet I still have a few hitch hiker crabs living in there somewhere as well... The lion and eel are too fat and lazy to do any real hunting I guess.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour