View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 11:27 PM

SmallFry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
Tank looks great...but that canoe is AMAZING!!!!

you obviously have some mad carpentry skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
^+1
Busy guy! tank looks great!

Would love to see what you do with your trailer. We had a '57 converted bus we wanted to redo...no place to do the work....
Thanks! The canoe actually isn't as hard as it looks, most of it is just being obsessive about getting things straight and set up right to begin with. A lot of the time is in building and setting up the mould. More time was spent thinking about how to do stuff than actually doing it. I'd have helped myself if I'd bought the cedar strips instead of making them from home depots red cedar deck boards.. Or if I hadn't decided to weave my own cane seats...

The trailer has changed a bit since that photo, new floor and all the inner skins have been taken off and reinsulated. It will be going back to its original layout except for a tweak or two at the front. I'm going to strip and rebuild or repair the original furniture where I can and invent the rest..

I'm really lucky that the in-laws have a farm where I'm able to keep it while I work on it. That size of project would have been impossible otherwise..

Once I'm done with that I get to finish the basement and replace the kitchen...