View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 06:20 AM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road
Default 50ish gallon shallow reef build

Just picked up my new aquarium from concepts today . Very happy with the finished tank . Going to be replacing my current tank 36x20x20 with my new dimensions 36x24x14 , never used the top half of my tank so figured to make a shallow reef. Starfire side front panels , black bottom back wall so nice to have the black wall no plumbing in sight .Only have a few fish so decided to go rimless and building the stand lower so it can be viewed top down as that is my favorite view .
Going to build a stand out of wood and use magnets to skin the outside . So my next step is going to be stand and plumbing. Going to be plumbing it into my current system and avoid a cycle and if Im happy with the dimensions Im going to build a twin and take my current tank offline. My current tank has been running going on 8 years so I figured time to replace it instead of waiting for it to split a seem or something. Debating adding black sand , have been running bare bottom since the start
Have a couple pics of the tank will update as I get stuff going with better pics .

Stock list :
2 onyx picasso clowns
1 firefish
1 target madrin
1 dragonface pipefish
1 harlequin shrimp
2 anemone glass shrimp
2 halloween hermit crabs
1 bumble bee shrimp (lives in my urchin)
1 pistol shrimp
a ton of corals , rock flowers, mini max nems
Planning on getting a male dragonface for the female I have , I have no luck finding males I only ever see females. A pair of blue strip pipefish , a female harliquin shrimp for the male I have. Want to get some ultra rfa , and that will most likely be it for livestock . I like to keep it light for livestock .

Equiptment :
Skimmer vertex omega 150
Pump Mag drive 18 (love mag pumps)
Lighting Kessil 360w on one tank tek light 6 bulb hot5 on the other when I get the other tank .
No power heads do not like having them with pipefish and small shrimp