Thread: Summer Project
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 10:37 PM

sewerman45 is on a distinguished road
Default Summer Project

I have an extra 17 gallon starphire cube that I want to set up this summer as a project. I have a 60 gallon cube already and was hoping you guys could help me figure out what best to do with it.

Here is the 60 gallon cube:

I am thinking of putting the 17 gallon on the left side of the table. I was originally going to make it a high tech planted tank again but I want to consider some other ideas.

This is what it looked like at it's best at my office:

It has a built in filter section in the back but it comes out easily. I was thinking about drilling this tank, and tying it into my main system. The sump is underneath the left side of the stand. It seems like it would be way easier an project that way as I would need little in the way of equipment and wouldn't have to worry about two sets of water parameters.

My first thought was to make it a seahorse tank. But it looks like that would be tricky. It's too small for regular seahorses and it looks like dwarf seahorses are super finicky.

My other thought would be too make it a fuge and fill it with lots of different macro algae. I don't really know how feasible this is or what is involved though.

Anyone have any ideas or tips? Or any other ideas?

Thanks,